Pages

Tuesday 7 July 2020

Activity 1 for Winter Learning Journey!


For this task I had to create my own personal pepeha about what my mountain is, what my my river / water is, what my town / city or country name is and my first name. We had to first read about Taika Waiti about him knowing his roots and where he came from. It's fascinating about how he described every detail about where he came from and where him family came from. I loved this task because I got to ask my mum where I came from and where my family came from. Also just to let you guys know my grandfather on my dad's side of the family is Hawaiian and my grandfather from my mother's side is Tahitian. So that basically means i'm Cook Island, Tahitian and Hawaiian.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that this activity led to a great conversation with your mum! Yay for finding out more about your whanau! Hawaiian AND Tahitian! Well done too on sharing about what you learned from Taika Waiti. Keep up the good work Mamarei!

    ReplyDelete