Pages

Monday 6 April 2020

Easter Learning Journey (#ELJ)



Day 1

Week 2: Welcome back to the second and last week of Easter Learning Journey. Isolation is still happening, and we all have 2 more weeks to go. Let's have some Isolation fun, and see if you can make something fun for us and your family.

For this task we had to make a family tree. We can expand out tree to include our siblings and our parents siblings. After we had completed the tree, we had to fill in the names and places they belong to in our lives. We then had to write down the persons culture.

Here is my family tree. So originally I was supposed to add my great grandparents, but my dad doesn't know his grandparents names. I was about to add in my parents siblings, but my mum and dad have too many siblings, therefore I couldn't cause all the siblings would've taken up all the space. So on my dad's side of the family he's got around 5 feeding siblings and 2 biological siblings. As for my mum. She had around 14 siblings, but sadly 3 passed away. So now she's got 11 more siblings. I have a very close cousin who's mum is the second to last sibling out of my mum's siblings, and for my mum. She's the youngest. I can't really keep count of how many step siblings she's got, including my dad. At the bottom you will be able to see me and my siblings, including my older brother's baby boy. My little monkey Armani. As you can also see, my grandmother from my mum's side of the family is Tahitian and my grandmother on my dad's side of the family is Hawaiian, and the rest is all Cook Island. My brother's baby is 2 months now and is Cook Island, Tahitian, Hawaiian, and lastly Samoan.

1 comment:

  1. Aloha and Ia Orana Mamarei. Awesome family tree! Thanks for sharing your Hawaiian and Tahitian whakapapa. Great explaining where all your uncles and aunties are in the written piece.
    I wonder if you and your mother have had similar experiences as the youngest in the family?

    I hope your family are safe during the lockdown. Keep reading and writing in this extraordinary time!

    ReplyDelete