Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2019

Letter 2 Ms Tapuke (Teahcer)

Dear Ms Tapuke,


I’m really happy to have you as my teacher for my home class and literacy.
My name is Mamarei, but for short people call me Mama.
I’m 11 years old turning 12 this year.
I’m a year 7 student at pt england school.
On the roll you might see my name as Tunui, but in school my real
name is Mamarei.
I’m Cook Island, Tahitian and Hawaiian.
I have one older sister and one older brother,
so technically i’m the baby in my family.


As you might know, my sister is Roimata.
She used to attend Pt England, but now she’s in Tamaki college.
Roimata is 14 years old, turning 15 this year. I also have a
older brother named Christopher. He’s 23 years old. He never attended
this school, so my mum sent him to Ruapotaka with his closest cousin
( Jarreka’s sister ) Both of my parents are Cook Islanders.
My dad comes from the paradise Island of Aitutaki.
While my mum comes from the beautiful Island of Rarotonga.
My mum is  quarter Tahitian from both sides of the family and my
dad is part Hawaiian from his mum’s side of the family.


I got my name from my great, great grandmother.  
My older brothers name is Christopher, but most of my mum’s
sister’s call him Ngatokutoru. One of my mums sisters
called my brother Ngatokutoru after her three kids.
Then there's my older sister Roimata. The meaning of
Roimata in Cook Island and Maori means tears.
The meaning Roimata to my mum is the tears she
shared for her sister. She past away years ago before
Roimata was even born.


Like I said, I’m the baby in my family. My mum and dad are also
the babies in their families. My mum has twelve siblings
including herself. She’s a very disciplined mother. My mum
is really caring and really thoughtful. She always makes sure
that the house is always clean. On the other hand, my dad has
five siblings including himself. He loves to relax, have fun and
help out with the chores. He also likes to go fishing and picking Kina.


Honestly I never wanted to become a intermediate student because
I thought that being here was going to be so hard. So i’m really
grateful that you showed me respect and kindness. I have four cousins
who attend Pt England school as year 7s. Their names are Hope,
Jarreka, Marie and Mata Burr. Their also my best friends.
I also have one last best friend named Inga.


I don’t like many sports, but I seriously LOVE NFL.
NFL is one of my most best and favourite sports ever.
My most favorite NFL team is Chicago Bears.
This year i’m playing netball for the school as well as
for one of the island from the Cook Islands.


My favourite subject in school is reading and writing.
I’m not doing to well at maths, so my goals for this year is
to get better at Maths. I like reading because I get to learn
new things as well as gain more information about random things.
Writing is just really amazing to me because I get to use my
imagination.


My interests for when I grow up is to be a nurse or a hairdresser.
Being a nurse is really important to me because I really want to
learn how to look after other people as well as my family and
friends. I also want to be a nurse because lately i’ve
been looking after my mum as my first attempt on being a nurse.
Being a nurse also means treating your patients with respect and
kindness, even if their really rude. Being a hairdresser is something
that i’m really good at because….. I just know how to do a bunch
of random hairstyles.


I look forward to learning more about you and the class.


Yours sincerely

Mamarei

No comments:

Post a Comment