Pages

Wednesday 19 August 2020

Day 3 of Lockdown

So how is everyone? Like I said on my last post, my lockdown is still going well. I've tried finishing off all my work, and being able to get up early to go on my google meets. This top photo was this morning when my mum woke me up and asked me to help her make different scones. We made some pineapple flavoured scones, chocolate chip flavoured scones, and the original scones. It was really hard to stay awake because she woke my up at 5 in the morning. The reason why we made these scones because my mum hasn't made this in a long time. The recipe is really easy, but it's from my uncle in Rarotonga. He's the one who taught my mum how to make it.

In this photo you can clearly see that I've cropped this photo of me holding my little baby nephew. This was before we had lock down when I was still able to go to school. He's very curious and loves going outside, so for now he's a bit angry because he can't go outside. The only day we went outside was last Sunday. It was really sunny and warm, and me and my sister in law put up a tent for all of us. A few hours later, when my nephew fell asleep my sister in law took him inside the house. I wanted to sleep inside the tent, because I was the perfect size for it, but my mum said no.

Also to keep you updated with my Te Whare Tapa Wha, I am still doing Taha Whanau. Still looking after my nephew, keeping a close connection with my extended family and friends. So far for Taha Tinana i'm doing a bunch of dancing games with my sister. It's hard, but then again I love it. Taha Wairua is going well. I'm still happy as ever and still trying to not be negative, because of family reasons.

So that's it.... I'll be posting more about my lock down soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment